The following is a list of technical reports produced by staff in CREDIT. The reports are listed in reverse chronological order and each is linked to an abstract. Titles of internal reports have been withheld.
To obtain a copy of a listed technical report, please email Irene Jackson, or download the postscript version where available.
67. P. C. R. Lane, F. Gobet and P. C-H. Cheng (2000). Predicting Perceptual Chunks with a Computational Model of Problem Solving with Diagrams.
65. P. C-H. Cheng (1999). Representational Analysis and Design: What makes an Effective Representation for Learning Probability Theory?.
64. P. C-H. Cheng (1999). Electrifying Representations for Learning: An Evaluation of AVOW Diagrams for Electricity.
63. P. C-H. Cheng (1999). AVOW Diagrams: A Representational System for Modelling Electricity.
62. P. C-H. Cheng (1999). Visualising Classical Particle Interactions: Composing Diagrams to Model Collisions.
61. G. Jones, F. Gobet and J. Pine (1999). Modelling vocabulary acquisition: An explanation of the link between the phonological loop and long-term memory.
60. F. Gobet and F. Ritter (1999). Individual Data Analysis and Unified Theories of Cognition: A Methodological Proposal.
59. P.C.R. Lane, P. C.-H. Cheng and F. Gobet (1999). Problem Solving with Diagrams : Modelling the Learning of Perceptual Information.
58. S.E. Ainsworth (1999). Designing Effective Multi-Representational Learning Environments.
57. R. Young, F. Ritter and F. Gobet (1998) Soar-ly Pressed: Revisiting Cooper and Shallice on Soar and Unified Theories of Cognition
56. H.A. Wood, D.J. Wood and L. Marston (1998) A Computer-Based Assessment Approach to Whole Number Addition and Subtraction
55. S. Gibbs (1998) Lexical Knowledge, Memory, Phonological Awareness and Word Reading: Toward a Statistical Model
54. S. Gibbs (1998) The Phonological Similarity Effect
53. P.A.L. Bibby (1998) Implicit Learning in Dynamic Control Tasks: Finding the Rule in Background Noise
52. G. Kuk (in preparation). Facilitation, Self-Regulation and When-To-Speak-Again.
51. F. Gobet (1997) Chess Players Thinking Revisited
50. J.D.M. Underwood and S. Cavendish (1997) Initial Teacher Training: Assessment and Development
49. S. Cavendish, H. Wood, J. Underwood and D. Wood (1997). The place of curriculum packs in primary science teacher education.
48.F. Gobet (1997) Do Psychologists apply their knowledge of Cognitive Processes? A note on the (mis)use of Visual Aids in Paper Presentations
47. S.E. Ainsworth (1997). Designing and Evaluating Multi-representational Learning Environments for Primary Mathematics
46. C. S.L.Tan-Niam (1997). Children at Play and Theory of Mind: A Triangulated Enquiry
45. F.R. Ritter and P.A.L. Bibby (1997). Modeling How and When Learning Happens in a Diagrammatic Reasoning Task.
44. P. C-H. Cheng and S. D. Dawson (1996). A study of statistical process control: Practice, problems and training needs
43. F. Gobet (1996). Memory in Chess Players: Comparison of Four Theories
42. F. Gobet (1996). Roles of Pattern Recognition and Search in Expert Problem Solving
41. F. Gobet (1996). Long-Term Memory: Comment on Ericsson and Kintsch (1995)
40. F. Ritter and G. Baxter (1996). Able, III : Learning in a more visibly principled way
39. C.S.L. Tan-Niam (1996). Quality of Social Interaction and Understanding of Other Minds in Children's Play
38. S. Lamb (1996). Supporting children's communication: Activities used as part of the Language and Communication Project
37. S. Lamb, D.J. Wood P.A.L. Bibby and G. Leyden (1996). Communication and Narrative Skills : An Intervention Programme for Children with Learning Difficulties
36. G. Baxter and F. Ritter (1996). Designing Abstract Visual Perceptual and Motor Action Capabilities for Use by Cognitive Models
35. G. Kuk. (with Kivimaki, et al.) (1997). The team climate inventory.
34. G. Kuk, Kivimaki, M., and Elovainio, M. (1997). Occupational complexity and co-operative work: Towards an intergrated model of job characterisitics
33. D.J. Wood and H.A. Wood (forthcoming) Quadratic: a contingent computer-based tutor.
32. P. C-H. Cheng (1995). Thinking, Expertise and Diagrams that Encode Laws
31. P. C-H. Cheng (1995). AVOW Tutor (Version 1.0) Manual
30. S.E. Ainsworth (1995). The Role of Multiple Representations in Promoting Understanding of Computational Estimation: An Empirical Investigation
29. S.E. Ainsworth (1995). The Design and Implementation of a Computer-Based Learning Environment to Teach Computational Estimation
28. S. Gibbs (1995). Categorical Speech Perception and Phonological Awareness in the Early Stages of Learning to Read
27. G. Kuk, D.J. Wood and L. Copeland (1997). Using Pathfinder Networks to Distinguish Conflict Incidents
25. R. Ong and F. Ritter (1995). Extended Abstract of: Mechanisms for routinely tying cognitive models to interactive simulations
24. P.A.L. Bibby, S. Lamb, G. Leyden and D.J. Wood (1995). Season of Birth and Gender Effects in Children Attending Moderate Learning Difficulty Schools
23. S. Lamb, D.J. Wood and G. Leyden. Children with Moderate Learning Difficulties: a profile of abilities and implications for intervention
22. G. Kuk (1997). Towards a process model of team decision making
21. R. Ong (1994). Mechanisms for routinely tying cognitive models to interactive simulations
20. S. Nichols and F. Ritter (1994). A theoretically motivated tool for automatically generating command aliases
19. F. Ritter and N. Major. (1994). Useful Mechanisms for Developing Simulations for Soar Models
18. G. Kuk (forthcoming). Conflict in hospital management team meetings.
17. K. Littleton, P. Light, R. Joyner, D. Messer and P. Barnes (1994). Gender and Software Interactions in Children's Computer-Based Problem Solving
16. H.A. Wood, D.J. Wood and M. Kingsmill (1994). Telling Tales: An Investigation of Deaf Children's Spoken Narratives, I: Aspects of Syntactic Structure
15. P. Light and K. Littleton (1994). Cognitive approaches to group work.
14. P. C-H. Cheng (1994). Scientific Discovery with Law Encoding Diagrams
13. D.J. Gilmore (1994). Interfaces for supporting learning
12. D.J. Wood, H.A. Wood, S.E. Ainsworth and C.E. O'Malley (1994). On becoming a tutor: towards an ontogenetic model
11. P. C-H. Cheng and L. Serpell. (forthcoming). Empirical Investigation of Problem Solving and Instrucion with Law Encoding Diagrams For Elastic Collisions.
10. S.E. Ainsworth (1994). An Evaluation of COPPERS: A mathematical learning environment
9. N. Major and K. O'Hara (1994). Using Generalised Directive Models to Express Teaching Strategy Knowledge: A Description of COCA.
8. S.E. Ainsworth (1994). COPPERS: A mathematical learning environment.
7. P. C-H. Cheng (forthcoming). Law encoding diagrams for probability theory and Bayes' theorem.
6. P. C-H. Cheng (1994). Law encoding diagrams for instruction.
5. F. Ritter and J. Larkin (1993). Developing process models for understanding HCI action sequences.
1.- 4. Confidential internal reports.