Communication media -
Lying and being believed
I am investigating the effects of different communication media on
deception and trust from the point of view of both the deceiver
the detector. This includes work on
- Why do people choose
different media with which to communicate?
- Is the choice of communication media influenced by intentions
to lie or tell the truth?
- Do they also choose different media if they want to be more
successful at detecting deceit?
- Are there differences in the frequency
and types of lies that people tell with various communication media?
- media influences on trust and lie detection
- Does the mode of communication affect the trust that people
have for each other?
- Is the detection of lies affected by comminication media?